Hi
My pc spec intel pentium dual core G620
Asus p8h61-MLX board
4GB Ram
500 GB Hitachi Sata
Windows XP SP3
My problem is, i just installed a circuit simulation programme. At the sam time a little programme called pc monitor (something which scan the pc) was installed without my permission. I suddenly uninstalled this programme. But after that it shows a "found new hardware" dialouge when each windows startup. I just click cancel, then it shows me a baloon notification that" your new hardware is not configured properly...something like that. Since the last 3 months i never added any new hardwares to my pc. How can i avoid this thing ?. Please help me. thanks in advance.
vinod chandran

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Is this "circuit simulation program" from a publisher that you trust? If not, it may have had malware in it payload and infected your PC. I would suggest that you download MalwareBytes and scan your computer for unwanted malware.

Hi JorgeM,
Thank you. Let me try. I hope this MalwareBytes won't be another malware for my pc.

Hi JorgeM,
Thank you. That worked for me. After a short scan that tool detected some malware dll's from my pc. But some of them are absolutely essential for my pc. I deleted the rest. The first restart shows a little delay but the found new hardware wizard has gone.Once agin thank you.

That's good to hear.

Hi jorgeM,
I am sorry but that problem still exists. What to do ?.

do a full scan ,remove everything malwarebytes finds .keep nuttin ,been using it for years on my own and customers computer and never had a problem with it

Hi caperjack,
I just wipe out the old xp from my pc and reinstalled. Now everything is ok.

I just wipe out the old xp from my pc and reinstalled. Now everything is ok.

that usually the best and quickes way to get it fixed

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.