my internet exploer crashes and my hp support assisstance tune up say trying to delete pemenent file that may harm your computer i dont know what to do

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Try this instead. If you can get IE to open and stay open, before you try visiting any web sites, go to the Tools, options, Advanced tab. There is a button there to reset IE back to its defaults. This usually fixes all types of quirky issues.

If that doesnt work, you could upgrade to version 8 if you arent running Windows 7. If you are on 7, ugrade to version 9.

If that isnt an option, try installing Chrome or Firefox.

Last option, is to try to fix it using a Windows repair. If you are at this point, I would just wipe the drive and perform a new installation. however, before I get to this point, I would just use a different browser. I typically like Chrome. Its fast and easy to use.

i tried this is not working for me

oh and i have installed firefox but i cant get all videos to run

For videos, if they are flash, you'll need to go to Adobe's site and install the flash player.

Would you like to try and do system restore?

no thank u microsoft malicious software removal tool took care of it for me. but thank u

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.