I'm using 2000pro and IE6 with all the updates. I need to clean off the harddrive and reload everything. I don't want to lose the data, so I need to locate where the emails are hiding and the address book info so I can off load & save until I get reloaded again. Can someone tell me where to look? The export feature in Outlook Express is no help at all.
Thanks, BuddyB

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

for the address book in outlook express click the address book in the toolbar and open the address book and go to file and export and back it up to disk,For were the emails are stored go to ,tools /options/maintenence /and partway down you will see store folder ,click it and it will show you where they are stored .then go there and backup that folder

for the address book in outlook express click the address book in the toolbar and open the address book and go to file and export and back it up to disk,For were the emails are stored go to ,tools /options/maintenence /and partway down you will see store folder ,click it and it will show you where they are stored .then go there and backup that folder

That was so simple I'm embarrassed! :rolleyes: In the process I found them the hard way, perusing c: in Win Explorer. I tried to execute an export under the "File" menu and nada. Now that you've shared this incite with me I'm wondering why they don't have all that in the same place. ;)
Thanks for your time.

BuddyB

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.