No matter what website I go to, I get a 'cannot find server'/'page cannot be displayed' error. Also, every time I try to go to a page, it says "Connecting to site 127.0.0.1" in the status bar. Right now I have to use Mozilla. (Sorry to Mozilla fans, but I don't like it nearly as much as IE. :P)

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

so reinstall/update IE and that doesnt work just search around for a new browser that u like. I use mozilla firefox 9.2, and deepnet explorer which lets you search and download files from the gnutella network while browsing

So far, no good. :sad:

Download and run this fully working 30 day trial version Trojan Hunter.
http://www.misec.net/trojanhunter/?aff=12129
.........................................................................................................
Download CWShredder from HERE and run the Program in safe mode . Press the "Fix Button" Let it fix all variants. Next, Close the program and all windows and IE windows and run hijackthis and Post a Fresh log.

Reboot to SAFE mode to run CWShredder

How to start computer in safe mode

Then these 2 programs .
Ad-Aware and Spybot

Download the latest version of Ad-Aware at ADAWARE

Setup Ad-Aware .
After installing AAW, and before running the program, update reference files by using the bottom right button in the program, labeled "Check for Updates."

Launch the program, uncheck "search for negligible risk entries" in the Prepairing System Scan screen
And then click on the Gear at the top of the start screen.

Click the "Scanning" button.
Under Drives & Folders, select "Scan within Archives".
Click "Click here to select Drives + folders" and select your installed hard drives.

Under Memory & Registry, select all options.
Click the "Advanced" button.
Under "Log-file detail", select all options.
Click the "Tweaks" button.

Under "Scanning Engine", select the following:
"Include additional Ad-aware settings in logfile" and
"Unload recognized processes during scanning."
Under "Cleaning Engine", select the following:
"Let Windows remove files in use after reboot."
Click on 'Proceed' to save these Preferences.
Please make sure that you activate IN-DEPTH scanning before you proceed
Increase the strength of Ad-Aware by installing the VX2 Cleaner plug-in.
Close Ad-Aware 6.
Download the free VX2 Cleaner Here
Install the VX2 Cleaner.
Start Ad-Aware and click on "Plug-ins".
Select the VX2 Cleaner plug-in and click "Run Plugin".
If your computer isn’t infected, click "Close".
If your computer is infected:
Select "Clean System".
Reboot your computer.
Scan your computer with Ad-Aware.
Remove any VX2 objects detected.
Reboot your computer again.
Run a second scan to make sure the files have been removed from your computer.
Download SPYBOT

After installing Spybot S&D, update it by using the "Update" button on the left panel of the program. Search for updates and download anything it finds.
then scan your system .

Please run these free online Virus scan

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm
............................................................................................................

*Sigh* It still won't work. Maybe the ISP just sucks or something...Now Mozilla won't open half the pages, either. :mad:

The pages that won't open in Mozilla include www.Mozilla.org and www.microsoft.com, and all of the links listed in the last post...but I had someone download those programs and send them to me through MSN Messenger.

Well if you used hijackthis ,post a hijack log .You are not suppose to post it in this fourm though maybe a mod can move this thread over to Security

I'm mad; it still won't work, and yet it has been three months since I posted this. :evil: There are no trojans, no viruses, no worms, on this computer. Also, I can't use my newly-created automatic update feature in my game (which works perfectly fine on my other computer). :(

(Even if it was a virus or trojan, it wouldn't take three months to discover it)

3 mnts and you still haven't posted a Hijackthis LOG! :)

3 mnts and you still haven't posted a Hijackthis LOG! :)

Agreed, the best way for anyone here to help you is for you to post a HJT log (in the Security forum). No one can 'discover' what is on your system without something to go by. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.