My internet is working fine. Except that I can't sign into any .net passport related site. I can sign into MSN explorer and check my emails but when I try to sign into MSN Messenger it sais the service is temporarily unavailable. At first I could not sign into MSN Explorer at all but then I did this step
"try this ,START>RUN> then type in box.. regsvr32 softpub.dll"
I read about from another thread, so my problem is half fixed, still in need of some help.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

My internet is working fine. Except that I can't sign into any .net passport related site. I can sign into MSN explorer and check my emails but when I try to sign into MSN Messenger it sais the service is temporarily unavailable. At first I could not sign into MSN Explorer at all but then I did this step
"try this ,START>RUN> then type in box.. regsvr32 softpub.dll"
I read about from another thread, so my problem is half fixed, still in need of some help.

is all your software up to date? can you sign into msn passport sites using different browsers?

sorry - dunno what the problem is but i'd explore those avenues first so you can narrow down the problem

is all your software up to date? can you sign into msn passport sites using different browsers?

sorry - dunno what the problem is but i'd explore those avenues first so you can narrow down the problem

The problem is I can't sign into MSN Messenger. I can check my emails and everything but I can't talk to any friends.

I can now sign into the old msn messenger but can't login msn 7.5

Does anyone have any suggestions I could try?

With almost 100 views someone must have some advice?

Nobody else has had this problem and doesn't know how to fix it?

tried the latest version (windows live messenger / v8 ) ?

its out of beta now

i to have a problem signing in to msn messenger i can sign on to my hotmail and the oldest version of msn but no luck with any of the new messengers it says something wrong with the .NET please someone help.

Does your ISP allow .net traffic?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.