Hi, I use Win Xp and recently installed all-in-one HP PSC 2175. Everything works great except that I see there's a icon in that notification area that says Safely Remove Hardware. It wasnt there til I installed that HP printer. I dont know if its supposed to be there or not. Everything's working great except that icon in there annoying me bad. Should I leave it there or what? :cheesy:

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Everything is perfect, sometimes it shows up whenever u still have a previously installed printer. If the icon is annoying enough to you..do this. Right click right around your icons in the bottom right, and press customize notifications. Then on the list of programs, find safely remove hardware. Then change it to never show(as an icon). This way, the icon will never pop up. Hope this helped ya

Everything is perfect, sometimes it shows up whenever u still have a previously installed printer. If the icon is annoying enough to you..do this. Right click right around your icons in the bottom right, and press customize notifications. Then on the list of programs, find safely remove hardware. Then change it to never show(as an icon). This way, the icon will never pop up. Hope this helped ya

ok. I did that. Looks like it works for now hope it stays that way. I wonder why its there in first place? Thanks again!:cheesy:

Does your printer have a memory card slot? If it does, then this would probably be seen by xp as a removeable drive. Whenever removable hardware is connected, the icon will appear in the system tray allowing you to safely remove the harware without shutting down (just pulling the plug might result in data loss). You can't get rid of the icon totally - only tell xp to 'alway hide' it (just like GReddy4u has said).

Hi, I use Win Xp and recently installed all-in-one HP PSC 2175. Everything works great except that I see there's a icon in that notification area that says Safely Remove Hardware. It wasnt there til I installed that HP printer. I dont know if its supposed to be there or not. Everything's working great except that icon in there annoying me bad. Should I leave it there or what? :cheesy:

You know I have the same problem with Hp PSC 1210 :( and that's all I did was to "Hide" it.

But what I really want to do is stop it from showing up every time I turn the computer on, so if anyone knows how to do this I would really appreciate it

Thanks for any Help anyone can be :) Rick Mc

you could look for it in Start/run/msconfig/startup ,and uncheck it if found

I would like to keep this icon from showing up as well... only when I right click on the system tray.. "customize notifications" is greyed out! Unlocked the task bar and it doesn't change. Why would I not be able to access this feature? Any ideas?

Quarkmachine

Hello folks instead of hidding the notification icons is there anyway you can delete them from the notification area starting to have icons i don't need pleeeese help thx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.