When I log off, my screename for widows xp, i get 3 annoying boxes that pop up, -one of them saying, (RunDLL.exe......End Now) i forget what the other two are. Is there any way i can stop this. its very annoying. thank you

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I get this quite often with Microsoft Outlook XP :( Do you get this everytime? I get it about 50% of the time, but then again, my machine stays on and logged in for days at a time usually.

I have this problem with mine. It happens with WOrd and hpcmpmgr.exe (which is some software from my HP PSC 2510). I subsribed to this group trying to find a way to stop it.

When I log off, my screename for widows xp, i get 3 annoying boxes that pop up, -one of them saying, (RunDLL.exe......End Now) i forget what the other two are. Is there any way i can stop this. its very annoying. thank you

Does it say RunDLL.exe or RunDLL32.exe? The difference is important; it may be an indicator of a possible hijacking. RunDLL32 is supposed to launch-and-release under XP. If it fails to release (keeps running), it usually indicates poorly written malware. See my article Dealing with Malware (in my signature, below) on downloading and using HijackThis. Post the log here, but don't fix anything until instructed on what to remove.

quick fix try closing out of every thing befor u tern off ur computer

yea it says RunDLL32.exe,

should i uninstall microsoft outlook?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.