I trying to load Windows XP but keep getting an error message it D:\I386 - or something like that. It doesnt allow me to do anything apart from restarting my computer and then going back to the same message. I cant access any part of my computer anymore! Can anyone help ???

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try to be more specific with the error message. It sounds like the cd is scratched. Does it work ok in a different computer? Can you use a different cd on this computer?

Well this is exactly what it says -

an error has been encountered that prevents setup from continuing. one of the components that windows needs to continue setup could not be intalled

Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

It then goes on to say

SXS.DLL: Syntax error in manifest or policy file D:\I386\asms\1000\MSFT\WINDOWS\GDIPLUS\GDIPLUS.MAN on line 4.

I am unable to check any CD on the computer as it won't allow me to access windows, it goes straight to setup and the error then pops up.
I'd be most grateful for any suggestions you may have???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.