I've Been Looking On The Net On How To Remove The Forgotton Config Password. Seems That Dell And Others Just Want Your Money To Come Up With The Master Password. I'm Disabled And Have Very Little Being On A Fixed Income. If Any One Would Be So Kind Please Assist.
#f29wp61-595b

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hello TAZTSR,
this is the community introduction forum, not the place to ask questions. I think you should post your question in Tech Talk -> hardware. To I don't know wether this question is legal to ask since it asks for an masterpassword where you normally have to pay for.

anyway, Welcome to the community!

BTW, why do you type every starting letter capitalized?

I've Been Looking On The Net On How To Remove The Forgotton Config Password. Seems That Dell And Others Just Want Your Money To Come Up With The Master Password. I'm Disabled And Have Very Little Being On A Fixed Income. If Any One Would Be So Kind Please Assist.
#f29wp61-595b

Hi,

While I am new to the site, I am an 'old hand' in the computer industry. I think that what you need will be found on this site:

http://www.cgsecurity.org/

There are tools there to allow you to reset a CMOS password. While the site does not specifically mention Dell machines, their CmosPwd program DOES list the Phoenix BIOS and that is what Dell uses on most of its' laptops.

Good luck and let me know how it works for you. :)

Regards,
BillTR

if you can not boot from anything, the paperclip procedure is necessary

if you can not boot from anything, the paperclip procedure is necessary

:mrgreen:

True enough, but he said he couldn't get into the config. NOT that he could not boot the machine!!
My answer was targetted to his stated problem.

Regards,
BillTR

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.