So I got a virus and had to switch drives but now when I try to access my old drive, it tells me to format it. Help me. There was some important stuff on it.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

So I got a virus and had to switch drives but now when I try to access my old drive, it tells me to format it. Help me. There was some important stuff on it.

how are you trying to axcess it ?

From My Computer. How else could I access it?

From My Computer. How else could I access it?

well i use a usb device to add and axcess other harddrive to my computer to get file off of them now ,one time i had to install them as slave drive to do it ,and yes through mycomputer was where i go to click on the drive ,never had one say it need to be formated though . i assume you have it installed as a slave then .

well i use a usb device to add and axcess other harddrive to my computer to get file off of them now ,one time i had to install them as slave drive to do it ,and yes through mycomputer was where i go to click on the drive ,never had one say it need to be formated though . i assume you have it installed as a slave then .

Yes, it's a slave drive. I have it hooked up as a USB Drive.

Yes, it's a slave drive. I have it hooked up as a USB Drive.

that is what i mean in my first post as how you were trying to access it ,anyway ,i would make sure the drives jumpers are set to slave and install it in the computer with the other dirve ,make sure the master drive is set right to ,some need to be set to master with a slave .
i find sometime usb devices can cause weird problems .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.