Hi Everyone!

This is my first post. My name is Bell, and I live in Toronto. I have an ancient Dell Latitude CPi laptop, and have been having a "fun time" trying to learn all about the functionality of my new iPod. It's not exactly User Hostile, but it can be very confusing.

Many thanks to Jado for the post on Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. I spent hours trying to uninstall Quicktime, called Apple support, prayed to the uninstall gods, but nothing worked. WICU worked in a second.

But I may have gone overboard cleaning up. A lot of my fancy icons are missing, and I can't open Excel documents unless I open the Excel application from the program files folder, then open the desired document from within Excel. Anyone have any ideas what I did, and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Bell

One more thing on this: When I open Excel, I get the message "Windows Installer. The feature ou are trying to use is on a CD-ROM. Insert the MS Office XP Professional disk and click ok". It shows me this message twice before allowing Excel to open.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post. My name is Bell, and I live in Toronto. I have an ancient Dell Latitude CPi laptop, and have been having a "fun time" trying to learn all about the functionality of my new iPod. It's not exactly User Hostile, but it can be very confusing.

Many thanks to Jado for the post on Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. I spent hours trying to uninstall Quicktime, called Apple support, prayed to the uninstall gods, but nothing worked. WICU worked in a second.

But I may have gone overboard cleaning up. A lot of my fancy icons are missing, and I can't open Excel documents unless I open the Excel application from the program files folder, then open the desired document from within Excel. Anyone have any ideas what I did, and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Bell

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.