My bro has a problem with his Acer Veriton 7100. Win98se rebooted every time after password screen. Went into safe mode and removed ACPI from system. Now boots all the way. Started installing diff system devices trying to find problem. PCI bus gives yellow ? mark. Select properties and was advised to update bios.
Now here is the goody. Found bios Acer v4.0, R5C4, update at Acer Europe. (Only place i could find the update.) Downloaded zip file and extracted. Got a bin file with no cue.
Used magiciso to convert to iso file. Magiciso then informs me the bin nor the iso is a disk image. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get the bios update?
Acer Veriton 7100
900mhz Celeron
Acer bios v4.0, R5_C4
256k ram
40gig hd
No pci cards installed.
Would like to fix before Xmas for him.
Thanks for any help..

256k ram?

Problem solved!!! Changed bin to iso. Used several diff programs including magiciso but could not read the file. Finally found ISOBuster and worked like a charm. Cost 25 bucks, but so what. Thanks for the help.

I am having the exact same problem, I not to expierienced with this kind of stuff. Could you maybe send me the file and brief installation instructions? Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.