While running AOL, if I click on a link, every running program stops responding and my whole computer freezes up and I have to manually hold down the power button and restart it that way. What do I do??

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Oi, that ain't right is it?
What kind of windows do you have and do you know anything about your computer? Like the speed (Mhz?) and how much memory (Ram?) it has?

maybe your computer isn't powerful enough..

Edit:
have you tried reinstalling AOL?

I have Windows XP and 512MB memory and 1.8 GHz. My computer is about a year old and I did try to reinstall AOL and actually installed a new version of AOL.

Can you connect with IE

Yes I can. It only freezes up when i click on a link that opens a web page from AOL.

What verison of AOL are you using?

LittleMan

AOL 9.0 Optimized SE

Do you use any other chat programs then AOL?

Aol is not a chat program it America Online's Browser .

A few questions here, and please forgive my ignorance regarding AOL.

I had a look at AOL's Australian website, and noticed that there was no longer any reference there to a proprietary browser. Are you sure you're not installing old software which is designed for Windows 98? AOL seems to be mentioning only the use of Internet Explorer nowadays.

What purpose do you use the AOL browser for? I can't for the life of me imagine any task which Internet Explorer is unable to perform.

A few questions here, and please forgive my ignorance regarding AOL.

What purpose do you use the AOL browser for? I can't for the life of me imagine any task which Internet Explorer is unable to perform.

I agree ,I can't believe load that piece of crap on there computer .

On the Welcome screen there are news articles and whatnot [that are only available on AOL] I read. I never realized how much I use the AOL browser until my comp froze up everytime I tried to access it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.