Hi all ,

I have an Standalone application client which pass excel/access file path(absolute) in to EJB server which will convert corresponding excel/access file in to XML.

Till now i have hard-code an excel sheet path in application client but i need to make it to work for any excel sheet.

What i need to accomplish
=====================

whenever if an excel sheet opened and saved it should automatically call that application client (by passing current open excel/access absolute path )which will in turn call EJB server to convert in to corresponding XML file format.

How can i retrieve absolute path name of current file(excel/access) whenever save button is clicked ?

I think of using macro and batch files to accomplish this task but when the number of clients increase i think it may become a terrible one.

I'm i right ? or i can use that idea (macro and batch file)?

So give me some ideas how can i accomplish this task .

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You'd need to write a plugin of some sort for Excel to do that, not even sure if it will let you do that.

You'd need to write a plugin of some sort for Excel to do that, not even sure if it will let you do that.

Hi jwenting ,
Thanks for your reply . Actually am hesitating to write macros because if i do so i have to write macro for each excel file in each client system(which is not feasible) .
Is Java's " Threading " concept will help me to resolve this problem ?
or anyother idea to resolve that prob ?

no you don't. You can write plugins for Excel that load when Excel loads and are available to all spreadsheets you open.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Java whatsoever.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.