When I went to start up my computer this morning, it went to a black screen and said, ''Windows did not start up successfully", then gives me 5 options; but I tried them all and it just loops back to the same error screen message. I have no discs or anything, and I can't even get into system restore or anything, in fact... I can't go to ANY other screen at all. Someone Please Help..

=[

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

First of all what were the 5 options you got?, was Safe Mode one of those options?, if not next time you start up your computer hold down the F8 key and use the arrow keys to select the safe mode option and see if windows will boot in safe mode, if it does then probably its one of your startup programs or some recently added software or driver that is causing the problem try uninstalling any recently added software and then reboot. If that does not help try obtaining your windows cds and use it to try and repair windows.

I am getting the message Windows did not start successfully... on my Compaq EVo laptop (Windows XP Pro). I just got back from a trip. I was using my laptop on battery power (which I seldom do), and when the battery power got low, I saw a message that the laptop was preparing to Hibernate, then the screen went black. I came home, and recharged, but now am getting the "Windows did not start successfully" message, with the options to Start Windows Normally, Return to last Configuration, Start in Safe mode with menu, Start in Safe Mode, Start in Safe mode with Networking. I have tried 4 of the 5 options (all but Safe with Networking). No matter which option I try, it loops back to the same screen. I've had trouble in the past with Hibernation mode, and wonder if this is the cause of the problem. But I am unable to get to any menus to try to find out what is going on. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I do have my XP CDs - if I use one of them to try to restore, will I still have a chance of keeping my data files? Thank you for any advice.

I have installed windows XP home and it started up perfectly but wen I restarted my pc the boot did not came further as the screen that says " windows is starting..."
what should I do to make it work I have tried reinstalling windows it did not work

I have installed windows XP home and it started up perfectly but wen I restarted my pc the boot did not came further as the screen that says " windows is starting..."
what should I do to make it work I have tried reinstalling windows it did not work

"what should I do"??

Try starting your own thread instead of bumping an old thread... then you can list ALL your issues and likely get the help you need.

i cannot start my windows even in safe mode,how can i correct this

cannot start my windows even in safe mode,how can i correct this

can anyone out there please help me

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.