:P Hello people, I am in need of a few answeres, First of all i will start from what i portrai as the beginning, I am not sure what is causing my Windows Exlplorer to continuasly crash everytime it tries to start up. IE an WE both crash for to me unknown reasons. I have recently Installed Windows Vista Ultimite, which i do not think is the cause, but i cannot exclude the possibility. Yes I did get the copy from the web and not from my wallet. But i did get it from Microsoft so i know it wasnt messed with. And if you would like the links for download you can PM me and i will be glad to hook you up with a copy. But back to matters, There is indeed an error report which i am not skilled enough to sipher here as follows:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b091
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bd80
Exception Code: 0eedfade
Exception Offset: 0001b09e
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
That is my first problem. My second is i need to format my hardrive, but see i have never done this. So i am a little on edge about doing so. The big issue in that matter is that when i format my drive i have absolutely no idea what happens after the formatting. Like for instance, What becomes of the interface which i use to install windows? I am not an a novice with computers so i will most likely understand all the technical answeres you give me.
Will i see a MS-DOS style interface, or will there be windows which make it easier to work with? I have these 2 .WIM type files which contain the installment of windows vista but i do not have a DVD burner to make an auto executing ISO CD image of the files, but i do have the regular CD, Data, etc burning drive would that work to install windows after format? Can someone direct me on how i will be able to work this out? Much apreciated. Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Get latest anti virus and spyware,adware remover software.

I am sorry but that isn't very helpful since i do have Antivirus software [AVG] its soposedly one of the most popular. But i have scanned and Woooooo! damn there is a lot of real high risk software installed on my pc which refuse to be deleted. So im just going to format my PC if anyone could help me with that.

right i have two ways you can do this, you can either use another computer to do it or use the compuetr your using your harddrive in,
1) the easiest way to format a hard drive for me is to use another pc or you can use the same pc if you have more than one hard drive, simply plug the hard drive you are wanting to format into the slave on the ide cable(make sure no power is going through pc whilst doing this) then go to my computer, your hard drive should show up as drive d or e depending on how many partions your other hard drive has, once you have the right drive, right click and go to format, now if you are trying to get rid of any malicious software then dont select quick format, if you just want tp wipe it then you can do quick format, how long this takes depends on the size of your hard drive, now also after formating your harddrive, right click again, go to properties then tools, preform a disk check for errors and bad sectors, once this is completed you are set.

another way which i find easy is to format it using your instalation disk, just follow the steps of installing windows and when you get to the partion section, select all the disk space available and create one partion which will be called c drive, to partion this it wipes most things, now with vista i noticed that it saved some stuff to a folder which will be located in c:/windows
it should be called old windows, i just deleted it and started new with vista, if you are running xp you should'nt get this, once partioned you carry on with instalation and your set, hope this is the advice you were looking for

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.