Hi guys,

I'm running Outlook 2003 on my XP sp2 laptop. I use my yahoo email address. I have been having a few problems in the last week. Everything was working fine for a few weeks following the installation.

At some point a couple of extra emails seem to have become stuck in send. I can not see these anywhere (outbox), but everytime i hit send - to send 1 email it says sending 1 of 3. For 2 emails it becomes out of 4.

Last night I could not sned anything for some time, these emails stuck in my outbox. After several reboots they eventually went.

Does anyone know how I can clear these mystery emails from the program please?

Thanks.

Steven

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Not sure if your email is stuck in the outbox and not being sent; or if outlook is just telling you that it is sending 2 of 4 emails etc etc?

Are you on a wireless internet connection?

If you are on wireless sometimes the size of the emails is too big to be sent over the wireless connection through outlook. And occassionally they work after several repeats. They will generally go through quicker on the yahoo site where your email is loaded, as they are sent directly from the site, not through your mailbox in outlook and then through the ISP.

I am trying to get to the bottom of this issue as well. I use WinXP SP2 and use Outlook2003 as my mail handler as well. I have numerous different accounts set up with a mixture of pop3 and http. One of my accounts uses the normal smtp port and is blocked by a certain ISP that I occasionally use. So, with that in mind, anything that tries to send using that account fails until I change my access point (different ISP). I have noticed like the previous user, that when that account is available, I have one sometimes two "sending 1 of 1 emails" that are neither in my outbox nor did I ever create them. I have run anti-virus scans and spyware scans to try and find out if my computer is somehow being used as a zombie. So far, haven't found an answer. Of course, once the laptop is connected to an ISP that allows that port, the "non-existant" message is sent. Anyone know where to look for zombie type activity?

Thanks

I am trying to get to the bottom of this issue as well. I use WinXP SP2 and use Outlook2003 as my mail handler as well. I have numerous different accounts set up with a mixture of pop3 and http. One of my accounts uses the normal smtp port and is blocked by a certain ISP that I occasionally use. So, with that in mind, anything that tries to send using that account fails until I change my access point (different ISP). I have noticed like the previous user, that when that account is available, I have one sometimes two "sending 1 of 1 emails" that are neither in my outbox nor did I ever create them. I have run anti-virus scans and spyware scans to try and find out if my computer is somehow being used as a zombie. So far, haven't found an answer. Of course, once the laptop is connected to an ISP that allows that port, the "non-existant" message is sent. Anyone know where to look for zombie type activity?

Thanks

I have just started to have exactly the same problem - 2 days ago. Have undertaken full spy ware & virus scans.

Rgeards,

Caringtn

Hi guys,

I'm running Outlook 2003 on my XP sp2 laptop. I use my yahoo email address. I have been having a few problems in the last week. Everything was working fine for a few weeks following the installation.

At some point a couple of extra emails seem to have become stuck in send. I can not see these anywhere (outbox), but everytime i hit send - to send 1 email it says sending 1 of 3. For 2 emails it becomes out of 4.

Last night I could not sned anything for some time, these emails stuck in my outbox. After several reboots they eventually went.

Does anyone know how I can clear these mystery emails from the program please?

Thanks.

Steven

do u have different email accounts setup in outlook. example. Hotmail, gmail and your ISP, if so check the email that is being sent and see which account is sending the email and who it is being sent to. if u dont need to send the email you can delete it from the out bok, if the email is not in the outbox you are infected with a spam hoax. meaning a program is sending email to every one or some with certain email address. you might want to run a program like Macafee, AVG or norton or zonealarm these have good email scanners.

This happens mostly due to spyware. Its always good to to keep the first contact in the address book as a non existing email ID. By doing so you get email failure notice and that's the clue that your mailbox is infected. I second on the use of ZoneAlarm. Its highly secure.

I'm having that problem as well, and I'm not on a wireless network. Has anyone found a solution yet? Is there a virus that McAfee and/or Ad-Aware can't find?

Maybe it's just return receipts being sent; you can configure Outlook to notify you if return receipts are requested. Also you can enable mail logging to see what is happening.

I started having this problem on Monday evening, coincidentally when I added Vonage on top of DSL (Qwest). I have spent 12 hours troubleshooting with Qwest, Vonage, and ISP, no one can figure out why these two things are happening: 1) outgoing email says sending 1 of 2 even tho outbox is empty; 2) cannot send, even when I add one email to outbox. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Not wireless, AVG Security (tested with it on and off). Had a Buffalo router, took that out of the equation, it did not help. Thanks in advance, Cindy

If any of you think it may be a virus or spyware, you can also try using Trend Micro's housecall virus checker. It runs from their servers and uses a java applet loaded onto your pc during the startup process. I've used it a couple of times when I suspected I had a virus my antivirus software wasn't detecting. Detected the virus and removed the infected file.

http://housecall.trendmicro.com

Steve

I have tried downloading MDBVU32.EXE from microsoft, which will remedy stuck read receipt. This did not fix the problem. Any other ideas?

Dear Sir,

i want my deleted e-mails from outlook 2003, it is wrongly deleted from me, so i want emails from 01.04.2008 to 31.03.2009, kindly reply me on varsha29.158@gmail.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.