Hi guys!

ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!! need some help, i need to clear the history from internet explorer on my work pc; it's windows xp pro sp2 - but locked down. i've found the entrys i need to get rid of (facebook & daniweb etc lol) but the delete button has no effect and no right-click. any ideas??

many thanks,

Dazza :cool:

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

thanks mate, will this still run as i usually get the 'check with your administrator' message, and the link didn't work?

ok,just seen you said work computer ,you need to check with company admin i guess ,because the link work just fine !

umm, you want to delete the history from your work pc and its locked down?

that means there is a good reason. My guess is that the machine is supposed to be for work use only (not daniweb and facebook!) and you are afraid of getting caught

i will not help you break your companys IT policy and please do not encourage any other members to do so.

umm, you want to delete the history from your work pc and its locked down?

that means there is a good reason. My guess is that the machine is supposed to be for work use only (not daniweb and facebook!) and you are afraid of getting caught

i will not help you break your companys IT policy and please do not encourage any other members to do so.

That's cool mate, but seeing as the majority of our head office lives on facebook?, i'm not asking anyone to do anything - all i need is some suggestions. If you've read our IT policy you'll relise i'm not doing anything wrong, i just want to clear my history.

and i'm taking legal advice from someone who can't legally drink yet? lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.