Hey, I've got a littl batch script that backs up some files for me, and the last line opens up Outlook with the CALL command:

CALL "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE"

The Problem is, the batch script wants to wait till OUTLOOK.EXE has finished executing before it runs the rest of the script, which means it sits there till I close outlook. Can I have it open up oulook, then continue on with the rest of the script as if that command had finished?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hey, I've got a littl batch script that backs up some files for me, and the last line opens up Outlook with the CALL command:

CALL "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE"

The Problem is, the batch script wants to wait till OUTLOOK.EXE has finished executing before it runs the rest of the script, which means it sits there till I close outlook. Can I have it open up oulook, then continue on with the rest of the script as if that command had finished?

Thanks.

I think you are looking for this:

start "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\OUTLOOK.EXE"

Check the dates of posts before replying buddy. Old thread.

Ah, yes, but batman did complete the thread. Which is good for other solution seekers. Blind threads on the net are annoying.

Very true. My bad.

Yes, I realized it was an old thread but I posted because I was looking for an answer to the same question. I figured it out and thought it would be a good idea to post the solution for the next person that stumbles across this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.