System: Windows XP Pro

Ok, this is a very strange problem so I'll try and explain it as best as I can. As soon as I start my computer (even when I'm not connected to the internet), I get a warning that says "Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly." This warning repeats about once every 30 seconds.

I've actually figured out how to stop the warning by switching my internet security settings to low, but here is the problem... The security settings will reset to custom EVERYTIME I restart the computer and the warning will start popping up again. :mad: Sometimes, it will reset to custom even before I restart the computer.

Someone suggested that a firewall could be interfering but I don't have a firewall. :o I have tried everything I can think of including reinstalling IE, java virtual machine, restoring default settings for IE, and system restoring to an earlier date, but no luck. :sad:

I would really appreciate any suggestions to solving this problem as I am just a novice at computers.

Hi, swithch over to the Security Section of this fourm .and post a hijackthis log .
get thijack this here .
Get The latest Version of Hijackthis 1.98

Download 'Hijack This!'.HERE
Download link is on the left

Unzip (extract) it to a folder of its own.Like c:\HJT\hijackthis.exe ,

Then Doubleclick HijackThis.exe (in the new folder), and hit "Scan".
When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save

Log" button.
Press that, then Ctrl-A to Select All, and copy its contents here. for

hijackthis,most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential,

don't fix anything yet.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.