I think I posted a similar thread berfore. I now have a PIII 733MHz EB, 256megs of ram, 60 gigs of hard drive space and an Asus motherboard. I downloaded and installed the Halo dedicated server software from microsoft. I can install it and start it without a hitch. However, when I go to try and connect to it with Halo installed on my gaming PC, I can't see it or direct IP it. When I type in the direct IP it tells me my client is older then the server. How do I fix this? I told Halo to update but there were no updates availble.

- How do I set the software up to run online?
- How do I control the server?
- What about port forwarding? Do most IPs block the port that the dedicated Halo server runs on? What port does it run on and how do I change it?
- Lastly, Does anyone have any tips or tricks for hosting a Halo server?

Thanks

I think I posted a similar thread berfore. I now have a PIII 733MHz EB, 256megs of ram, 60 gigs of hard drive space and an Asus motherboard. I downloaded and installed the Halo dedicated server software from microsoft. I can install it and start it without a hitch. However, when I go to try and connect to it with Halo installed on my gaming PC, I can't see it or direct IP it. When I type in the direct IP it tells me my client is older then the server. How do I fix this? I told Halo to update but there were no updates availble.

- How do I set the software up to run online?
- How do I control the server?
- What about port forwarding? Do most IPs block the port that the dedicated Halo server runs on? What port does it run on and how do I change it?
- Lastly, Does anyone have any tips or tricks for hosting a Halo server?

Thanks

ITs not halo. you need to Update the Dedi.
This can be found online
http://www.microsoft.com/games/halo/downloads.asp
Youd basicly Replace the Old haloded.exe with the 1.07

to control your dedi you must enable Rcon.
to do this Find your Halo Desktop shortcut Right Click it and Click properties.
In the Target Field Enter this
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Halo\halo.exe" -console
Then Run the Game from that Shortcut.
the key to bring up the Console in halo is "~"

To run online Basicly you need to Open Ports 2302 and 2303
This can be done If you have a Linksys Router by 192.168.1.1
Enjoy Halo happy Hunting and i hope I helpd

(PS) i made an Account here to help you so ... i exspect a Reply lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.