Member Avatar
vipra
Newbie Poster
1 post since Dec 2009
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

Hi all

I'm in a situation where i have 6-8 PC's presently used for sending & receiving emails & internet works, for this we me and my colleges are using individual dial up data card, now we want to switch to a Broad band Leased line ( ILP or Dedicated line ) in which ISP is providing only one modem with one data out put point, with 2 wan & 6 no lan static IP address, as im using 6-8 PC i would like to connect them all to this network, but im unaware of the interfacing equipment to be put in between the Modem port & PC's which will work out in very less cost,

ISP is telling i need to install the L3 manageable switch which will cost me more,

another suggestion i got from my friend is to connect to from modem to a pc having 2 nic cards & then to connect the other port to the 8 port normal HUB & assign the IP for rest of the PC & connect it

Pls help me on resolving this issue

Member Avatar
mabbasj
Newbie Poster
4 posts since Dec 2009
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

there should be a modem that connect you with your ISP for internet like DSL , if so then simply define a DHCP pool in modem then connect your out cable with any hub(not very expensive) and connect rest of computers with same hub by obtaining IP's automatically on your terminals.

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: