Hello..
I wanted to know if the web address is something like www.abcxyz.com/mypage.htm then on requesting this page what does DNS do ?? i mean does it return ip of abcxyz.com only or does it look for the specific mypage.htm ??
actually....i wish to send some data to a website in a dns query in this format..where mypage.htm would not be a webpage requested rather it would be the data i wish to send...so please let me know how this can be achieved...
thanks.

The function of DNS is to resolve a given site's URL to its corresponding IP address; it plays no direct part in finding a given page and/or file on or within that site.

I wish to send some data to a website in a dns query in this format..where mypage.htm would not be a webpage requested rather it would be the data i wish to send..

You need to clarify that; depending on what you're really after, this question might actualy be more suited to one of our other forums.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.