i have taken the internet connection from cable net.in my computer
i have set obtain ip address automatically.and obtain domain automatically.internet is working .but i have purchased one notebook.i want to connect internet in notebook also.now i have taken two port switch.but when i place rj45 cable in the computer lancard port and another cable from notebook port.and did same ip setting like computer. internet is not working we are getting yellow sign.Kindly let me know the idea.
any help would be highly appreciated.if i remove one cable from
two port hub then internet is working in one computer only.either
notebook or computer.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

You cannot have 2 computers onthe same netwok with the same IP addresses. Get a router, plug cable from Modem into WAN on router, take cables from computers and plg into router.
Router will noe give out ip address to computers
Dock

You cannot have 2 computers onthe same netwok with the same IP addresses. Get a router, plug cable from Modem into WAN on router, take cables from computers and plg into router.
Router will noe give out ip address to computers
Dock

What is the uses of Switch .here in the Switch There are Two Port.Why it is not working in Switch.if i give Obtain ip address Automatically means it will take dynamic ip.obviously it will be different in Both The Computer.Kindly let me know why not Using Switch .actually at ground floor they took Card
it is like a router.and he is giving internet of the all floor person.he has plugged one rj45 cable into their router.and corresponding side into My
Computer Lancard.but i want to access my Notebook also.that is why i
have purchase a switch when i putting cable into both computer.data
is sending or receiveing on the both computer.why data is sending receinve
on the both LAN Connection Properties.Kindly let me know the idea.

As the previous poster mentioned, you cannot have two computers running at the same time with the same IP. If one computer connected is obtaining an IP via DHCP (dynamic), adding a switch will allow multiple computers to obtain via DHCP also as the DHCP server is further up the line.

I am not sure what "getting yellow sign" means, but I am assuming an IP conflict.

If this is the case, open up a command prompt window (if running windows) and type: ipconfig

Do this on both computers and check the IP address to make sure it is different on each machine (the subnet mask and default gateway should be the same).

Make sure that the DHCP server also has free IP's available and that you are allowed to have more than one MAC address on your connection.

Make sure that the DHCP server also has free IP's available and that you are allowed to have more than one MAC address on your Connection

How should i come to know the Dhcp Server available Free.additonal
when i type http://192.168.1.1 then router page is comming.But when i assigned the ip manually instead of Obtain ip address automatically then yellow sign comes with exclamation and sometimes ip conflicts meanwhile ip is diferent on both the Lan
card Properies Dialog Box.Kindly find the attachment also.and let
me know the idea.

we are using Wireless Router.Still we are not getting Internet
Connection in a Notebook.Kindly let me know the idea.Any help
Would be highly appreciated.Kindly find the attachment also.
Internet is Available on The Computer.But internet is Not Available
In the NoteBook.

What's the make and model of the router?

Kindly find the attachment also.and let me know the idea.

That's no help. I need the make and model of the router.

i have taken the internet connection from cable net.in my computer
i have set obtain ip address automatically.and obtain domain automatically.internet is working .but i have purchased one notebook.i want to connect internet in notebook also.now i have taken two port switch.but when i place rj45 cable in the computer lancard port and another cable from notebook port.and did same ip setting like computer. internet is not working we are getting yellow sign.Kindly let me know the idea.
any help would be highly appreciated.if i remove one cable from
two port hub then internet is working in one computer only.either
notebook or computer.

Dear Friend,
If you have a network adapter installed, and have set up a home or small office network, you are connected to a local area network (LAN). You are also connected to a LAN if your Windows XP Professional computer is part of a corporate network. When you start your computer, your network adapter is detected and the local area connection automatically starts. Unlike other types of connections, the local area connection is created automatically, and you do not have to click the local area connection in order to start it.

Using a Router With Single LAN Port, A router helps connect networks and transmit data. It also functions as a switch and accomplishes several other tasks including routing data packets, determining the most appropriate path between hosts, securing data transmission and allowing PCs to share peripherals and Internet connections. Routers have LAN and WAN ports where cables from hosts and Internet connection cables are respectively connected. Connect the router to the modem. Routers with one LAN port necessitate the use of a hub/switch, so both the PCs can share the Internet connection. Connect the LAN port of the router to a hub/switch, which in turn needs to be connected to the two computers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.