reagan87 0 Newbie Poster

Hello to everyone,

As recently I’ve started to use the Smart FTP Client to upload and download through FTP servers, there is a problem that I’m facing when uploading to the FTP servers. The upload constantly gets hanged and then the error message Connection Closed. Timeout (20s) pops out after few moments when the upload hangs. Whenever the upload hangs, the speed is at 40+kb/s and i suppose that would be the maximum upload speed. But then when I tried to use CableNut software and then tweaked the settings to adsl_fast_2k.ccs profile, the upload speed gets reduced to 20+kb/s and the Connection Closed. Timeout (20s) error doesn’t pops out nor the upload hangs. But the upload speed of 20+kb/s is considered to be slow for me as I have to upload more than a 1 Gig file everyday and that 20+kb/s speed takes me to upload those files for 16 hours and that makes me to loose out on some big time money income. So I would definitely prefer to have that 40+kb/s upload speed so that I could save my time on uploading thus saves me from loosing out on my income. Furthermore I’m very curious about the cause of this problem as I’ve searched high and low throughout the net and to no avail that I’ve come across this problem. So the only way that could answer my problem is this forum. My internet connection is the ADSL Broadband which has the 1.0 MB download speed and 384 KB of upload speed. I've also tried asking my friend who is using another package which consist 256 KB upload speed and according to him his uploading speed through Smart FTP is at 20+kb/s which is considered to be good upload speed with the package that he has subscribed for and makes no different than my upload speed 20+kb/s compared to the package that I’ve subscribed for. So why is this happening actually, which my upload speed should be higher without any uploading problem. I'm desperately in need of help so that i could solve this problem before its times up for me. :(