good day! i have this problem in wampserver2.0. i already learned how to effectively put my localhost online. it is accessible over the internet in other pc's by typing my WAN ip. i just discovered that one of my friend cannot access my website while others can access it. how was that? replies are appreciated!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Would be nice to know what type of error appears on your friend's computer. Since ISP DNS is not involved, the problem seems more like wrong ip address.

my friend only says she can't load my page. its a page loading error, something like that. is it not normal in wamp?

if that's an http server, one assumes you mean load a page in a browser.

if several other ppl can browse your site, one assumes that it's a local problem with "her" pc.

as martin5211 posted, could you give the error msg she's getting, like 404 or whatever...

very sorry for the late reply. i just discovered that i cannot also view my other friend's wamp site. local problem? im interested to know how to fix that 'local problem'. i think what's happening on 'her' pc is happening now to me. thanks guys please help me.

ok, let's clear up some stuff.
by wan address, do you mean public ip address
(if you don't know, google 'public and private ip address')

would you be willing to post the ip address so one of us can see what happens (error messages, etc.)

WAN ip i mean the ip that you'll see in whatismyip.com
my WAN ip is not static so i don't think it makes sense posting that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.