Does anyone know of a way to monitor a remote desktop client(for instance internet activity) without spending a fortune on software? Also, can such a task be performed while the user is not remotely connected to the host server?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

There are pieces of software you can google. some are pricey some are inexpensive. Try SpyAgent, and SpyAnywhere, iSpyNow is about $79 and you can download a free trial version, Win-Spy is about $29, i'm sure solarwinds.net has something that may fit you, 007 Spy software also has a free trial version, but i think it's only about $30 or so, There's also Sniper Spy and I think it too is about $80, and Supreme Spy is only about $29 and you can dowlnoad a free trial. That one is really cool because it has a stealth mode in which doing a ctrl+alt+del will not see it in the running programs. I hope this helps.

There are pieces of software you can google. some are pricey some are inexpensive. Try SpyAgent, and SpyAnywhere, iSpyNow is about $79 and you can download a free trial version, Win-Spy is about $29, i'm sure solarwinds.net has something that may fit you, 007 Spy software also has a free trial version, but i think it's only about $30 or so, There's also Sniper Spy and I think it too is about $80, and Supreme Spy is only about $29 and you can dowlnoad a free trial. That one is really cool because it has a stealth mode in which doing a ctrl+alt+del will not see it in the running programs. I hope this helps.

raysilva,

Thank you very much, I will look these up.

if you need to monitor the desktop, you will need one type of software.

but if you want to monitor the browsing activity, you can either check the IE history, or set up a proxy, and monitor the logs

Hope you have administrator permissions to monitor a remote desktop.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.