hey,
I just got up my network, and am having a peculiar problem.
I want to share files between 2 computers: ratbert and crocker. The problem is, crocker is able to connect to ratbert and access the files shared by ratbert. However, whenever ratbert tries to connect to crocker, I get the message
"Logon Failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer"

I've enabled the guest account, reviewed the settings in Local Security Policy (Tools>Local Security Settings>Local Policies>User Rights Assignment, right-click on Access this computer from the network>Properties>Add Users or Groups)and added "Everyone" to the list, but to no avail. Any idea what the problem could be? Thanks in advance.

Both machines run WinXP SP2 and the firewalls have been disabled. Pinging one machine from the other works fine too.

Rather than setting up a generic guest account, try setting up an actual user on each machine. Whatever you login with on ratbert, set that same account up on the first machine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.