A network cable is unplugged" repeatedly flashing on networked computers.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

benyam_dessu,

1 Check the Cable and/or try a different one.

2 Try updating the NIC drivers.

3 In Device Manager,Right click the NIC adapter,select properties,if power management tab available.,then click to uncheck the option to allow windows to turn of the device for power save..

4 Try Reseating the NIC card or also try to seat it in different slot

5 check the cable length,try limiting it to less that 6 ft.

6 Try Flashing the bios

J_

Great!
Now the Icons of the computers near me are show up. But another problem is starting.
"//(computer name) computer is not accessable.You might not have permission to use this network resources.Contact the administrator of the server...." would be displayed. What is the solutin then?

Best regards

benyam_dessu,

Right click My Computer >> Manage >> Local Users and Groups >> Users >> Add the users of the computers you would like to connect with. Ensure the user name and password are the same on all computers.

I was running into a frequent issue attempting to network 98, 2k, and XP. The systems would connect fine, with the periodic exception of XP. To remedy the issue, all I had to do was run the Network Wizard on the XP machine, and everything was up and running again.

Hope this helps.

J_

Great!
Now the Icons of the computers near me are show up. But another problem is starting.
"//(computer name) computer is not accessable.You might not have permission to use this network resources.Contact the administrator of the server...." would be displayed. What is the solutin then?

Best regards

I have the same problem
My Pc has two NIC wireless and wired Ethernet.The problem is that it gets disconnected automatically.The Error message shows A network cable unplugged. The router I have is Linksys WAG54G.

Please tell me how did to get it done...
Is it the problem coz of the network card, cable or the router firmware needs to be update.
Thanks

Hi ,

the error message is becoz u chcked the box which says show the the lan icon in system tray " unchck the box"

the reason behind is tht , with limited or no connectivty the icons keeps on flashing try that.

let me know

the reason behind is tht , with limited or no connectivty the icons keeps on flashing try that.

Er... just turning off the notifications won't fix the actual problem, now will it? :mrgreen:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.