I can not connect internet When we connect modern and router. how to solve the problem?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

check the IP address, on both ends, first check if modem gives you the IP (DHCP) or if you need to put the IP manually on the router

commented: Good advise +10

I can not connect internet When we connect modern and router. how to solve the problem?

Thank you

Did Cocolio advise work? Is the cable of the modem plug in to your router correctly? Can you connect to the internet when using the modem only?

Did Cocolio advise work? Is the cable of the modem plug in to your router correctly? Can you connect to the internet when using the modem only?

I try to connect one of the computers to the moden without using router, Internet works normally. When we connect moden and router, the computer cannot get the signal.

Their is problem in router to router is to have the second unit wireless from the first then wired to computers.

Whar router and modem are you using? When connect modem to router, try resetting the router. Did you change any router settings before?

The router probably has the same ip address as the modem i.e. 192.168.1.1
Change the routers address.

If you Connect the Devices Separately, Is the Internet Working Properly ?, If the Answer is Yes. You have to Disable DHCP on the Modem. ( But I can't understand why you are using both of them instead using a Modem or a Router )

Good Luck

How did it go, gyme20?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.