Hi

Would you please help me concerning this :

Me and my friend succeeded in connecting our laptops through WIFI technology (using ad hoc of windows ) and we were capable of sharing files through WIFI , is there any method or software that can make us capable of chatting together ?

Thanks a lot

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi

Would you please help me concerning this :

Me and my friend succeeded in connecting our laptops through WIFI technology (using ad hoc of windows ) and we were capable of sharing files through WIFI , is there any method or software that can make us capable of chatting together ?

Thanks a lot

Please contact me on yamawwad@yahoo.com

As long as you set up the Ad-hoc Wifi network, the application that you want to use does not have to be aware of the network media. As long as the application does not require Internet access to log into a system, or perform a lookup, then having the Ad-hoc network setup will work.

You may need to, at the very minimum, update your HOSTS file if you are trying to connect to each other's machine by host name rather than IP address.

did you try windows messenger

I succeeded by using two softwares called " BEEBEEP" and "SPYXIE voice chat"

Thanks for your great help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.