My Dell Inspiron Mini didn't find any wireless network

Member Avatar
yeasirh
Newbie Poster
2 posts since Feb 2013
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

Hello, my Dell Inspiron mini doesnt recognize any nearby wireless network. I am running it on windows 7, whenever i click on the right side of the taskbar it shows nothing. Although its not possible for any defect in my router as all my other device are working fine on it. I have tried to troubleshooting the problem but failed. Please help me in fixing this.

Thanks in advance..

Member Avatar
caperjack
I hate 20 Questions
13,847 posts since Aug 2003
Reputation Points: 875 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 901 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 69 [?]
Team Colleague

first ,did it ever work for you , not sure about your Dell but some have a button/switch on the case or keys to turn off wifi make sure its not turned off ,make sure drivers are installed for the wifi network device lookin device manager for that info

Member Avatar
yeasirh
Newbie Poster
2 posts since Feb 2013
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

actually i recently installed router in my home before that i never notice that, and 'button/switch' i turned it on several times but nothing works. And can you please help how do i make sure that drivers are installed for the wifi network device by looking device manager, like the steps that i need to follow.

Member Avatar
caperjack
I hate 20 Questions
13,847 posts since Aug 2003
Reputation Points: 875 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 901 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 69 [?]
Team Colleague

to get to device manager ,right click on mycomputer .go properties ,on the left you will see device manger ,click it ,scroll down to network adapters ,hit the + ,it should show at least 2 device ,one for the wired device and one for wifi ,it will have wifi writting in it , if it there right click on it ,go properties and go to power option and uncheck ,windows can turn this device off to save power ,save and exit

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: