The DJ 1 Light Poster

Hi

I'm about to explain something that is very "odd" to me. I recently purchased the Linksys Wireless "G" with speedbooster Router. It's a nice router and all. I also bought the antenna card for the machine it is meant for. I've installed the card and for all sense and purposes it apprears to be working just fine on the remote computer that contains the card. I want to connect it to my network but I am just not able to get it to behave. The "wired" network that is physically connected to the router does not see the remote computer. I have 4 wired machines connected to this router and none of them see this 5th machine. According to Linksys, this router can handle the 4 "wired" machines and 32 "non-wired" machines. Totalling 36 machines. My total of machines is 5. 4 wired and one non-wired. I've gone into the web interface for the router, called Linksys and they keep telling me it's Bill Gate's & Company's problem not theirs. What I'm not getting is that Linksys made the silly device and yet they claim no responsibility for it?
I consider my computer skills to be sufficient enough to be able to understand how to fix the machines. I concede that there are still things I don't know, but I know more than the average joe off the street of my age. The 5th machine is located downstairs. It is my wife's machine and it is supposed to be wireless because I couldn't see any sense in running an extra cable through the floor to get to her machine.
I've run the installation software, set everything to "sharing" that needs to be set to sharing. Printers included. This is the most daggoned problem I ever saw next to Windows ME.
If there is anyone who is able to help me please contact me on the phone so we can discuss it. I have broadband internet/cable so dial up is not an issue.

<Phone Number Snipped>

Thanks!

The DJ !

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.