I need to know how to wire a RJ45 8-conductor jack. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I need to know how to wire a RJ45 8-conductor jack. Can someone point me in the right direction?

You mean like this?

Not Exactly. I was looking for the panel part. You know, the part that is in the wall that you connect the wire to. There are wires on the back and I Have no idea how to wire the back. There is a blue, white, orange, red, yellow, brown, green and black wires.All of these wires are a solid colors too. I do not know how to wire it.
Here is what the back of the panel looks like.

1() 2()

3 () 4()
5 () 6()
7()8()

1-white
2-blue
3-brown
4-orange
5-yellow
6-black
7-green
8-red

try doing a google search for "patch panel pinout"... Maybe that will lead you in the right direction .

Okay, let me just show you what I am working with. I have the thing set up now and it still does not work.
This is what I have in Two of the rooms that are seperate.

This is the back of it. Is there something that I am doing wrong?

My guess is that it would be wired the same. Actually, it doesn't really matter how it's wired, so long as you wire the other end of that wall mount the same way.

straight through

white orange
orange
white green
blue
white blue
green
white brown
brown

the tab of the rj45 faces's down when you put the wires in.

cross over cable

white green
green
white orange
blue
white blue
orange
white brown
brown

do only one side crossover style and the other striaght through

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.