extermin8tor 0 Newbie Poster

Hi all,
At my place of education (okay okay i still go to school), there are limited internet quotas, these quotas are really stupid because 10 mb's cost 1 dollar and it actually charges you more than you use.

I thought of different ways of going around it and ssh tunneling is not an option, I have used this as a secure way of connecting to my sunblade 100 box but I dont think it will work in this scenario.

I dont know if its the right forum to post in (*mods, delete if unsuitable).

Are there any programs that sit on a server and constantly retrieve mail either from a mail server like google or from a locally hosted mail server.
I need a program that parses HTTP requests that are embedded in emails and then sends back the entire page and/or images as a tarballed or zipped attachment, then a local porxy on my pc will parse that and feed it to eg. firefox or explorer.

So please enlighten me, are there any programs that do this task, or should i just write a c program.

Regards

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.