I've been trying to set up a small network with the Server app on Yosemite. I don't want to do anything crazy with the server, I'd just like to know how I can set up network user accounts so that they can login from other Mac computers on the same network. I already have Open directory set up, the Macs that will be used on the network with the server have already been joined to the server under login options. I have created the network user account, I have also joined the user account to a group that I created. When I try to login to the network account from one of the Macs, it doesn't work. I'm pretty rookie with Mac server, can anyway give me any pointers of what I should be doing? Or if I am doing something wrong. Thanks guys.

Have you posted this question on the Apple user forums, or looked on the Apple site for a FAQ about this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.