I was wondering if you had a wirless connection and a ethernet connection going at the sametime how dose the computer know which one to connect to or how dose if decide(IS IT FIRST COME FIRST SERVE).:confused:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I was wondering if you had a wirless connection and a ethernet connection going at the sametime how dose the computer know which one to connect to or how dose if decide(IS IT FIRST COME FIRST SERVE).:confused:

It doesn't need to decide anything - You can be connected to both networks at the same time with no problems.

In fact, you can have a dialup and one or more hi-speed connections, and the OS will use whatever is available. It is not just which has higher priority; some operations can have multiple threads running at the same time, such as downloading more than one file. If you have multiple connections, anything available will be used.

Tom

Thanks for the info it was just a general question that I was thinking about the other day.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.