I have Blueyonder cable a Surfboard modem {cable]
Then a Netgear 614v3 router
win xp
I set up the router for emule and azurus with a great deal of bother as I am just learning about routers and this router is a pig to work with.
#
now I have a Nintendo DS to set up as I have a cable modem and router all the help I have looked for is for wireless. the Nintendo has a USB stick for connecting to my pc.
I set it up and all looked ok till the last part of the Nintendo test and it failed.
After this it kicked my emule to low ID .

I get a new icon in my connections and my main one now has a little hand on it and said it is sharing.

The problem I have first is were to start the Nintendo the router or the pc can you help

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I'm not sure what you mean. What do you want to accomplish?

After installing the Nintendo DS with the USB stick should I then have this second icon and were should I start with the router something is changing my set up and affecting emule . should I set the Nintendo up as static IP my router range is 1 to 10 but when I install the Nintendo it has a 1.01 and my router is 0. number of pc or laptop.
When I change the Nintendo settings to a IP that is in the router range the Nintendo comes up invalid entry.
I want if I can my pc with emule and Azureus to work as is and the Nintendo DS with USB to function.
Is this the best router for me I have asked Blueyonder but they give NO comment .

set router as dhcp server and ds to have dynamic ip.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.