Articles and Hub Pages

Member Avatar
Allison2009
Junior Poster
147 posts since Jul 2009
Reputation Points: 0 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 3 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 0 [?]

I am in the process of creating one Hub Page (with plans to create more no. of hub pages).

Whether the content in the hub pages and the articles be the same topic and contents. Moreover, whether I can create the same squidoo lens as that of hub pages. If it can be same for both, whether Google will take it negatively or not.

I am intending to create these hub pages and articles for the purpose of SEO only.

I am little confused on this. Kindly help.

Your reply would help me a lot.

Thanks in advance

Allison

Member Avatar
kmachine
Newbie Poster
5 posts since Nov 2009
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]

Is better to use different unique texts for both, because google can penalize one for duplicate content. No matter if is the same theme. If you need it for seo, also I suggest you to use other techniques as articles marketing and forum posts.

Member Avatar
Allison2009
Junior Poster
147 posts since Jul 2009

In that case, whether I could create hub pages with various text links (anchor text) pointing to my website, without writing articles.

Member Avatar
canadafred
SEO Alumni
1,185 posts since Feb 2006
Reputation Points: 207 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 32 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 26 [?]
Featured

In that case, whether I could create hub pages with various text links (anchor text) pointing to my website, without writing articles.

Whatever you do, do it for the improvement of the Internet visitor's experience. By trying to please the search engine primarily, you'll actually discourage it from giving you improved ranking.

Create optimized content that is intended for the Internet visitor first. The search engines like that.

Member Avatar
bettsnirvana
Junior Poster in Training
61 posts since May 2009
Q&As Helped to Solve: 2 [?]

i think you should create different articles for both squidoo and hupages sites. kmachine was right, seems to be duplicated content to the search engines if you publish the same article for both sites.

Member Avatar
MktgRob
Nearly a Posting Virtuoso
1,260 posts since May 2009
Reputation Points: 7 [?]
Q&As Helped to Solve: 4 [?]
Skill Endorsements: 8 [?]

Agree with Fred. At a conference earlier this year the underlying thread of the whole day was creating a web experience for the user and not the SEs.

Member Avatar
leahmarie
94 posts since May 2009
Q&As Helped to Solve: 7 [?]

Posting articles in Squidoo and Hubpages must be uniquely done and same theme but different content and subject.

Member Avatar
rogerdv
Newbie Poster
7 posts since Dec 2009
Q&As Helped to Solve: 0 [?]

You cant. Hubpages requires a certain amount of words per link, or will prevent to publish the article.

Member Avatar
Allison2009
Junior Poster
147 posts since Jul 2009

You cant. Hubpages requires a certain amount of words per link, or will prevent to publish the article.

YES. I read it in the terms and conditions of hubpages.com. I wish to create a 100 page articles of around 10. On each article, I wish to give two links to my website. Is that acceptable to hub pages.

Any advice / suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Allison

Member Avatar
BlackhatSEO
80 posts since Dec 2009
Q&As Helped to Solve: 2 [?]

try to spin ur articles but human readable.. and change ur anchor text too

You
This article has been dead for over three months: Start a new discussion instead
View similar articles that have also been tagged: