Hi all. Im a newbie and need help creating flowcharts for my class projects. I worked on them for a few days now and cannot figure them out. I am running out of time and have to get thru this class.
Here is what I need them to do
Cool’s Department Store keeps a record of every sale in the following format:
DEPARTMENT STORE SALES FILE DESCRIPTION
File name: DEPTSALES
Sorted by: Department
Field Description Data Type COMMENTS
Transaction Number Numeric a 6-digit number
Amount Numeric 2 decimal places
Department Numeric a 3-digit number
Create the flowchart that shows the logic for a program that would print each transaction’s details, with a total at the end of each department.
I have to use control breaks with this
The city of Cary is holding a special census. The census takers collect one record for each citizen as follows:
Census File Description
File name: CENSUS
Not sorted
FIELD DESCRIPTION DATA TYPE EXAMPLE
Age Numeric 42
Gender Character F
Marital Status Character M
Voting District Numeric 18
The voting district field contains a number from 1 through 22.
Use Visio to create the flowchart for this program that would produce a count of the number of citizens residing in each of the 22 voting districts.
I have to use arrays for this and I cant figure it out

I would greatly appreciate all and any help given
Thanks

Dawn

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

I would also like to find out how this is done

Did you ever find out the answer to problem #1 and if you did, would you mind sharing that with me?
Thanks!

1. Neither of you read THE ANNOUNCEMENTS
2. You bumped a year old thread just to say "gimme gimme gimme".
3. The OP has never bothered to return, so I'm guessing your plea is falling on deaf ears.

Now are you going to try and do your own homework to see if you've learnt anything, or just carry on trawling web sites looking for a ready-made answer you can sponge of someone else?

1. Neither of you read THE ANNOUNCEMENTS
2. You bumped a year old thread just to say "gimme gimme gimme".
3. The OP has never bothered to return, so I'm guessing your plea is falling on deaf ears.

Now are you going to try and do your own homework to see if you've learnt anything, or just carry on trawling web sites looking for a ready-made answer you can sponge of someone else?

First of all, you don't know what I have done! If I had solved the problem, I wouldn't be here asking for some guidance. Get your facts straigt before you start blowing off!

The voting district field contains a number from 1 through 22.
Use Vision to create the flowchart for this program that would produce a count of the number of citizens residing in each of the 22 voting districts.
I have to use arrays for this and I cant figure it out.

i m a newbie and need help creating flowcharts for my class projects. I worked on them for a few days now and cannot figure them out. I am running out of time and have to get thru this class.

seriously, mphanrobin, make a new thread and stop hijacking other peoples

It's too lazy to do its own homework, not surprising it's too lazy to start its own thread to ask someone to do it for it.

Actually, you give him more credit than is due. He isn't even asking a question - just reposting a piece of the original post. He seems to have done that in a lot of other threads as well. He just reposts a random piece of what someone else posted, adding no useful information whatsoever.

infraction?

excellent idea.

Now if someone would just delete those obnoxious posts!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.