We are trying to implement MySQL clustering on our E-commerce database, but presently the tables are MyISAM based and some of the tables have full text search index on. In the wake of Clustering environment, one of the requirements is moving to InnoDB. However, that would pose the problem of switching off the "full text search indexing" on such tables where this is on today. What is the best way to approach towards InnoDB and a mitigation strategy for MyISAM tables with full text search on?

Also, I am curious to know the differences between various MySQL Indexing scehemes - Internal, MySQL, Unindexed and MSSQL.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

In MySQL cluster you convert the engine to NDB. NDB does not support FULLTEXT. In your situation you need to use some other fulltext database like Sphinx, Llucene. These will run stand alone. These will improve your search performance a lot.

In MySQL cluster you convert the engine to NDB. NDB does not support FULLTEXT. In your situation you need to use some other fulltext database like Sphinx, Llucene. These will run stand alone. These will improve your search performance a lot.

Thanks for you reply, I understand that moving to a standalone "FULL TEXT SERACH" engine like Lucene is the best bet, but I was wondering if there is a quick and easy way to convert the existing MyISAM table to InnoDB and also change indexing scheme to "Internal" as suggest by some scholars on the forums.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.