Hi all
It’s required from me to create a database for a company which have three branches; the company does repair and sale second hand cars. I have created the database with my tutor but I think there are things missing but I don’t know where they should go and I wander if anyone could help me.
In the tables we crated there is no mention of car sold or available for sale neither my tutor talked about labour cost in any tables.
I would be very grateful if someone could let me know what is wrong with my tables and what information is missing in each table.

Attached are the database I have created, below list of queries which I have been asked to create.

a) Formulate a query/report to prepare an invoice for a customer when they purchase cars, you should include customer details, car details and price before and after VAT. The Sales Assistant will wish to access this invoice by typing in the invoice/order number.

b) Formulate a query/report to prepare an invoice which shows a breakdown of any repairs/service carried out on a customers car, this should include breakdown of costs, labour costs, total cost before and after VAT. The Administrator should be able to access this invoice by typing in the booking number.

c) Formulate a query to show total sales of cars for the current year for each garage, sort the list so that the minimum sale appears first on the list.

d) Formulate a query to work out the total costs of repairs/services for each garage, sort the list so that the maximum costs appears first on the list.

e) Formulate a query to show the minimum and maximum price of cars for each garage, name the minimum column as ‘Minimum_Price’ and name the maximum column as ‘Maximum_Price’.

Kind Regards
HB25

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I do not see any issue with your mdb file , now start writing these queries.

Hi
Thank you for your comment I have managed with most of the Quires by deleting the table stock and adding labour filed to the jobcard table.
But i am still struggling with one query which is ( Formulate a query to work out the total costs of repairs/services for each garage, sort the list so that the maximum costs appears first on the list)
In you opinion what will be the query?
Kind Regards
HB25

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.