So I am really interested in making a database, I have knowledge about html and css, not javascript and I just want to begin learning and making a database.
I am going to use this website: https://www.000webhost.com/?utm_source=000webhostapp&utm_campaign=000_logo&utm_medium=website&utm_content=footer_img
so you can see my website in the internet, I don't really expect a lot of people are going to my website, like more than 20 people in a day, but here is the question or discussion?
how and where do I begin learn about databases, I don't really care what language I am going to use, like sql or php, is sql even a language? I don't know.
I just need a ton of information (:

btw, do I need to host a sql server or something, I am not going to pay anything with money.
I already downloaded xampp, I don't know if this going to help me.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I don't know your current skill set, but I found Joe Cielko's SQL for Smarties an excellent book.

commented: Also, SQL for Dummies. +0

do you have a link of that book?
btw, if you know some database tutorials or guides then give me the link if you want (:

If you google it you will find a link on Amazon. If you want to just download it then we don't help you with that here. You can start with the online w3 tutorial for free.

I just need a ton of information

Here it is:
MySQL docs.

You can test it here:

SQLfiddle

commented: Thanks man, this will help even more :D +0

mysql is free. you can also get it in xampp. many tutorial sites are available to explain it. you can also ask me for free help if you get stuck in tutorials

Structured Query language (SQL) pronounced as "S-Q-L" or sometimes as "See-Quel"is actually the standard language for dealing with Relational Databases.
SQL is used to communicate with a database.
SQL programming can be effectively used to insert, search, update, delete database records.

There are many best sites where you can learn SQL easily. But if you are a beginner I recommend you to get such a tutorial which covers all the topics of SQL in a sequential order so that you will not have to face any difficulty during your learning phase.

I generally refer https://data-flair.training/blogs/sql-tutorials-home/ to learn SQL topics. As this site contains a complete package of SQL. Also the tutorials available in easy to understand language with good examples. Plus this site doesn't contain the advertisement, so I didn’t feel any distraction while reading their blogs.

There are very good tutorial for this on YouTube, or check out Tutorialspoint. Further I would suggest you to read latest tech blogs also try to focus on official blogs of top IT/ software development firms like GoodCore Software's blog and others, because such sources are usually very updated and can definitely give you an edge in DBMS.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.