I am emailing a field from a MySQL DB table. The field type is text. Basically, it is an accept email. How can I make it so the email sent is capable of emailing HTML to make the message more attractive?

I have already tried to insert < html > into the text field, but that doesn't work....The received email, just diplays the text < html > and then the rest of the text.
ANy suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

The problem was in the PHP code...I needed to add a few steps that were missing the code went from:

if ($action == "decline")
{
$query = "delete from orders where id=$id and merchant=$merchant";
mysql_query( $query);

if ($sendemail == "yes") 
{

mail("\"$name\" <$email>", 
     "Your order has been declined!", 
     stripslashes($r['emaildecline']),
      "From: \"".$r['company_name']."\" <".$r['email'].">\nReply-To: ".$r['email']); 
}
}

to:

$company_name = $r['company_name'];
$company_email = $r['email']; 
if ($action == "decline")
{
 $query = "delete from orders where id=$id and merchant=$merchant";
 mysql_query( $query);
$message = stripslashes($r['emaildecline']);

$headers  = "MIME-Version: 1.0 \r\n" .
            "Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\r\n" .
            "From: $company_name <$company_email>\r\n" .
            "Reply-To: $company_email"; 
if ($sendemail == "yes") 
{
  mail("\"$name\" <$email>", 
     "Your order has been declined!", 
     $message,
      $headers); 
}
}

I am only posting this so other people can fix this problem without having to go through what I went throuygh....If you have any questions, reply to this thread

ummm this is sorta something like this - i think.

Wat I am doing is creating a div overlay website- which basically i am putting the layout code into the mysql database... There are two parts to the code

the about me part which is basically the css of the layout

And the who i'd like to meet part - which is the html code.

My problem is - that i have a php file and to print this code as text - i have used a textarea box - because i need the code to come up into two different text area boxes that way when users click on - it just automatically copies.

My problem is - is that the 2nd set of code which is the html stuff - is printing half of it as text into the box - but the other half the web browser is literally taking as code... so wat do i do? - Do you know what is wrong with it???

Here is my site to see what i am talking about-

http://mydivspot.com/plaincart/index.php?c=24&p=15

Thank you

sandy

Use PHP's htmlspecialchars() function to output the HTML as text. e.g.

echo htmlspecialchars("<html></html>");
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.