Can Any one reccomend a good book in c++ on Game programming?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

hey
buddy
google iz our frend

Member Avatar for Electrohead

I have read excellent reviews of "Beginning C++ Game Programming" by Michael Dawson.

You can get it on Amazon and some amazon customers said that you can learn fluent C++ from it even if you don't want to make games.

Aside from that, i am sure its even better if games are your thing! ;)

I have read excellent reviews of "Beginning C++ Game Programming" by Michael Dawson.

You can get it on Amazon and some amazon customers said that you can learn fluent C++ from it even if you don't want to make games.

Aside from that, i am sure its even better if games are your thing! ;)

yea i recomend htis book as well great tuorails at the end of every chapter helped me out a lot

i m looking 4 free game programming books

My opinion is, as long as you are competent in C++, you can learn game programming without a book. There is a how-to get started in game programming video series by a game programmer on YouTube by the name of GyroVorbis. Here is a playlist link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0B6Gbsu3N0&feature=PlayList&p=93FE4FF8C4CB5498&playnext=1&index=5. That's how I got started.

Hope it helps,
~Asian

PS. I recommend the SFML API. It's really easy to use, powerful, and great for beginners! :D

If you already know C++, then I suggest you pick up Windows Programing (A.K.A. Win32 Programming). Game programming is nothing more than creating software with animated pictures.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.