Hey.....I want to be a game developer...i started learning game programming 2 months ago...and i selected java for it and i was reading killer game programming book....After reading quite good part of book i have come to know that java is not suited for game programming....Now i'll be having holidays for 2 months...So i want to get a start at one path..and im not new to programming....

So pleases help me and give some source for tutorials to start from basic of game development...
Thanx.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I would recommend learning C++. It's the most common language used in programming. You can program games in a lot of different languages (including C++) but I think it would be good for a beginner to start with the most widely known language and then branch out as you become more comfortable with programming. Here is a good place to start learning C++.

well i am working in c++ for 2 years....I dont want to learn any new Language.

>>well i am working in c++ for 2 years....I dont want to learn any new Language.
Then you should've told us that in the first place.
Start here

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.