Could some one please help me the definition of "Break apart" in reference to using Macromedia Flash; I have just begun using Macromedia Flash 6.0 and have been studying tutorials to get the basic, introductory feel of it. At one point it calls to use break apart for a JPEG image-- I do this but do not understand what it is really doing.

I have searched Google for the actual definiton and found tutorial references to this but no complete definition.

Any help , links, or direction is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Matty

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

break apart simply break objects apart :)
write some text with flash then break it apart... you can then select individual characters...
also you can break apart bitmaps. after breaking apart you can modify your bitmaps with flash drawing tools

commented: break apart -- thanx, mattyD +5

break apart simply break objects apart :)
write some text with flash then break it apart... you can then select individual characters...
also you can break apart bitmaps. after breaking apart you can modify your bitmaps with flash drawing tools

Thank-you for your help, Tonakai :);)

MattyD

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.