Hello,
I'm trying to make SNAKE (Game) under C++ with using
#include <graphics.h>
Can anyone help me.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

don't.
BGI is ancient, non-portable, unsupported, etc. etc. etc.

And if you didn't know that yet you have no business writing games (or indeed any complex software).

I am sure that these kids have no choice considering it's the Universities which force them to use ancient compilers and libraries. A real pity.

I am sure that these kids have no choice considering it's the Universities which force them to use ancient compilers and libraries. A real pity.

Hehe, First of all i should say I'm high school student and I'm trying to learn it by my self not FORCE or others!, also i should tell you that learning is better than waisting time.
From your phrase i consider that you don't know anything from graphics.h ;)

> From your phrase i consider that you don't know anything from graphics.h
You are correct, I don't use kiddie stuff unless forced to do so. Real people use real graphics API like OpenGL and DirectX.

commented: lol "real people use real graphics API" +2

Yes... definately time to move up in the world.

Might I suggest... perhaps OGRE 3D? I'm going to sound like I'm selling the thing (I'm not... not affiliated with it, except that I've used it), but it really is a fantastic 3D rendering library. The best part about it: it is platform and graphics architecture independant. Code for Win32 with DirectX will recompile under Linux with OpenGL (with a little bit of tweaking of the Main function). It's very VERY feature rich, standing up to any other profession 3D system. Obviously, I highly recommend it.

BGI is really history. With systems like DirectX, OpenGL, and OGRE running on top of them (OGRE, btw, is free), there's no reason to stay stuck in the stone-age.

Later,
PirateTUX

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.