can some please tell how can u hide whatever u are typing when typing in c++ exe. file?

I didn't get ur point exactly........
However in c++ u can use getch(); .This will defenately take the character from the user but will not display over stdout.
For example : Think of typing a password.U type ur password but wht u see is merely a asterisk sign.Following code explains it better.
int k =5
do
{ character=getch(); /* These thing is done so that password is not visible*/
gotoxy(k,8) ;printf("*");
str8=character;
k++;
i++;
}while(character != '.');
i--;
str8='\0';
This will keep on entering a string to that array str8[] and will not display the original characters entered but instead of that will display a "*" till users presses a dot.
Instead of dot u can use any sentinel value as if ASCII charater of return key is 13.

I didn't get ur point exactly........
However in c++ u can use getch(); .This will defenately take the character from the user but will not display over stdout.
For example : Think of typing a password.U type ur password but wht u see is merely a asterisk sign.Following code explains it better.
int k =5
do
{ character=getch(); /* These thing is done so that password is not visible*/
gotoxy(k,8) ;printf("*");
str8=character;
k++;
i++;
}while(character != '.');
i--;
str8='\0';
This will keep on entering a string to that array str8[] and will not display the original characters entered but instead of that will display a "*" till users presses a dot.
Instead of dot u can use any sentinel value as if ASCII charater of return key is 13.

]

thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.