Hi.
I am using netBeans 6.1 on windows XP, and when I create a java class and I create a frame inside that class? why I can not see the design of that class? I mean why I can not see the frame and also the control like buttons, text, lables and so on?

BUT when I create and new JFrame Form through visual design, then I can see the code view and also the design view.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi.
I am using netBeans 6.1 on windows XP, and when I create a java class and I create a frame inside that class? why I can not see the design of that class? I mean why I can not see the frame and also the control like buttons, text, lables and so on?

BUT when I create and new JFrame Form through visual design, then I can see the code view and also the design view.

You only see the code view when you create a frame without NetBeans' help because there IS no design view. If you look in the src folder, when you use NetBeans' visual design feature, there is a file with a .form extension and a file with a .java extension. When you create your own, there is no .form file. That .form file is what allows you to see the Design view. If you delete the .form file, you won't be able to see the Design view anymore.

Thanks for the reply.
Now how I can see the design view of those file which does not have the form extension ?

Thanks for the reply.
Now how I can see the design view of those file which does not have the form extension ?

I don't think you can. If you can, I don't know how. The .form file is created when you use NetBeans' designer. If you don't use NetBeans' designer, it isn't created. I don't think you can create a .form file from a .java file, so if you want to use the Design view, I think you have to create the frame through NetBeans' designer.

Thanks for the info ...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.